Greetings all! It’s the night of nights in Hollywood and Simon and I are back to liveblog the event! the 93rd Academy Awards kick off at 5pm Pacific Time (just a few minutes away) and we’ll be offering snark and commentary, as per usual.
This year is a little different, due to ongoing global pandemics and other obligations so you will mostly be hearing from Simon tonight, but I’ll be popping in whenever I can too.
So let’s watch the show and enjoy! Newest Updates at the top!
Greetings all! Tonight is the 92nd Academy Awards and we are back to liveblog the proceedings!
As always during the show, new updates will be at the top and we’ll try to update the list of winners as we go
Continue reading “92nd Academy Awards Liveblog!”
Tonight is the 90th annual Academy Awards and for the 6th year in a row we are live blogging! Newest updates are at the top!
Continue reading “90th Academy Awards Live Blog!”
Greetings all! Tonight is the night of the 89th Annual Academy Awards and for the sixth year we will be live blogging the night! We’ll be posting some updates to twitter but the bulk of it will be right here.
We’ll be updating the winners below, and here are Matt’s predictions.
The show starts in 40 minutes, we’ll see you then!
- Best Picture: Moonlight
La La Land
- Best Director: Damien Chazelle for Moonlight.
- Best Actor: Casey Affleck in Manchester by the Sea
- Best Actress: Emma Stone in La La Land
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali in Moonlight
- Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis in Fences
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Barry Jenkins & Tarell Alvin McRaney for Moonlight
- Best Original Screenplay: Kenneth Lonergan for Manchester by the Sea
- Best Foreign Language Film: The Salesman (Iran)
- Best Animated Feature: Zootopia
- Best Animated Short: Piper
- Best Documentary Feature: O.J.: Made In America
- Best Documentary Short: The White Helmets
- Best Live Action Short: Sing
- Best Cinematography: La La Land
- Best Film Editing: Hacksaw Ridge
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling: Suicide Squad
- Best Costume Design: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Best Production Design: La La Land
- Best Original Song: City of Stars from La La Land
- Best Original Score: Justin Hurwitz for La La Land
- Best Sound Mixing: Hacksaw Ridge
- Best Sound Editing: Arrival
- Best Visual Effects: The Jungle Book
Is the 88th Annual Academy Awards, and the 5th Annual Awesome Friday Oscars Liveblog! Newer updates are at the top!
Winners so Far: (y or n for my predictions)
- Best Original Screenplay: Spotlight (y)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: The Big Short (y)
- Best Supporting Actress: Alicia Vikander (n)
- Best Costume Design: Mad Max (n)
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Mad Max (y)
- Best Production Design: Mad Max (y)
- Best Cinematography: Emmanuel Lubezki (y)
- Best Editing: Mad Max (y)
- Best Sound Editing: Mad Max (y)
- Best Sound Mixing: Mad Max (y)
- Best Visual Effects: Ex Machina (n)
- Best Animated Short: Bear Story (-)
- Best Animated Feature: Inside Out (y)
- Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance (n)
- Best Documentary Short: A Girl in the River (-)
- Best Documentary Feature: Amy (y)
- Best Live Action Short: Stutterer (-)
- Best Foreign Language Film: Son of Saul (-)
- Best Original Score: Ennio Morricone (y)
- Best Original Song: The Writing’s On The Wall (n)
- Best Director: Alejandro González Iñárritu (y)
- Best Actress: Brie Larson (y)
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio (y)
- Best Picture: Spotlight (n)
This is a live blog. Newest posts at the top.
Here we go! The last of today’s big conferences. Let’s see what Sony has in store to counter this morning’s strong show by Microsoft. Come on in!
Continue reading “E3 2014: Sony Conference LiveBlog”
HEY YOU. Do you like Assassinating some Creed? Do you like Watching some Dogs? Do you enjoy the odd bit of Far Crying? You do? You’re in the right place. It’s time for Ubisoft’s E3 conference!
Continue reading “E3 2014: Ubisoft Conference LiveBlog”
OK, get you ear protectors ready, it’s time for the EA conference! Come on in and get comfy. It’s going to be dramatic.
Continue reading “E3 2014: EA Conference LiveBlog”
Here we go! Join me (us) as I (we) career through the latest and greatest Mario Kart!
Continue reading “LivePlay: Mario Kart 8”
You may want to book this Friday off or plan some well-timed sick leave: Mario Kart 8 will be in my sweaty hands, and all over the site! (eww)
Continue reading “Clear Your Friday: It’s Time For Mario Kart 8!”
It’s that time again folks for us to sit in judgement of choices that millionaires make as they give each other solid gold statues.
You can check Matt’s predictions here but in the mean time sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight.
Newest updates at the top of the page.
Tonight the Hollywood Foreign Press Association holds their annual statue giving ceremony and I’ll be watching and commentating. The show starts at 5pm Pacific so check back here around then to follow along.
Continue reading “71st Annual Golden Globes Live Blog”
What do you do with your only day to yourself for the next eight weeks? Read? Create? Play.
Capcom’s Remember Me has intrigued me since I last heard about it last year, and a copy seemed to arrive in my collection just in time, so today I’ll be playing the entirety of the game and constantly writing about my experience.
Continue reading “Remember Me: From Beginning To End”
The timer is ticking down the last 37 minutes to the Xbox One media briefing in E3, executives are sweating, and tea is brewing. Get comfy and watch with me to see if Microsoft can do anything to reverse the tide of dissent stemming from gamers after their lukewarm first reveal. DRM? Trading? Prices? Exclusives? Hopefully, all of these questions will be categorically answered.
Continue reading “E3 2013: Microsoft Press Conference LIVE”