Holy shit this movie looks completely awesome.
Fury Road is technically a prequel to The Road Warrior and according to George Miller is basically one big movie length chase sequence. That, my friends, sounds amazing. You know why? Watch the trailer again, basically all those effects are practical. According to Miller there are soe green screened background shots but basically all the car stuff is real cars getting destroyed for real.
Other points worthy of note:
- I love the branding on Max’s back after he’s captured.
- I love Charlize Theron’s robotic arm.
- I love that the bad guys look legitimately terrifying.
- I love the steering wheel cult looking group shot.
- I love the massive shots of massive chase sequences.
- I love the lightning strike and fire tornado
- I love the bandits attached to poles.
In case it’s not clear? I love this trailer. There are some good movies scheduled for 2015 but this one has shot straight to the top of the list. It looks exhilarating, gorgeous, terrifying, and awesome.
2015 can’t get here soon enough.