The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards were held on a Monday and a month earlier this year to accommodate both the VMAs and NFL season. But it’s okay, you’ve seen this show before. No, really. Seth Meyers gave a fantastic monologue but beyond that it was pretty much a lot of the same as last year and the year before. I was so bored that I couldn’t even muster up annoyance at the fact that the President of TV (as Stephen Colbert called him) literally put Sofia Vergara onto a rotating pedestal so that people would have something to look at while he spoke. Continue reading…
- Review: ‘The War of the Worlds’ is a thoughtful, Edwardian adventure
- Review: ‘Zombieland: Double Tap’ has exactly no new ideas
- VIFF Review: ‘Ford v Ferrari’ offers compelling drama and thrilling races
- Awesome News: ‘The Batman’ casting updates! Jennifer Hudson is Aretha Franklin! ‘Matrix 4’ is happening and NPH has a part! John Cho was injured!
- Trailer Roundup: ‘Charlie’s Angels’, Downey’s ‘Doolittle’, Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’, and more!