It’s easy to say that Columbus is architecture porn for one good reason: it is architecture porn. Video essayist Kogonada’s feature film début frame buildings in ways that I can’t recall seeing them framed before: not only in just the right light and at just the right angle, but with just the right context. This is why it’s misleading to say that it is architecture porn: because it’s so much more than that.
- Awesome News: ‘The Batman’ casting updates! Jennifer Hudson is Aretha Franklin! ‘Matrix 4’ is happening and NPH has a part! John Cho was injured!
- Trailer Roundup: ‘Charlie’s Angels’, Downey’s ‘Doolittle’, Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’, and more!
- VIFF Review: ‘The Whale and the Raven’ is quiet and gorgeous
- VIFF Review: ‘Synonyms’ is maddening, heartbreaking, frustrating, challenging, and contains a performance you definitely shouldn’t miss
- Awesome News: Lost Scorsese films, new musicals, a reunion, a spinoff, and more!