The latest edition of Marvel’s assault on cinemas everywhere is a charming little beast. Thor was always going to be one of the more difficult characters to make the transition from inky page to silver screen, (certainly when compared to his Avengers brethren) but given most of the legwork was done in Thor and The Avengers, very little time is wasted getting on with the plot, such as it is. Rather than The Dark World, they should have called it The Wibbly Wobbly Time/Space Shifting Shenanigans. Anthony Hopkins knocks out a bit of exposition (primarily to let you know who to boo – it’s evil elves this time, led by Malekith, played by a virtually indistinguishable Christopher Eccleston) and on with the show we go.
- Review: The Invisible Man is a Timely Reinvention of a Classic
- Catch Up Reviews: Gentlemen, Bad Boys, Bombshells, and more
- Review: Birds of Prey is a good time!
- Franchise Rewatch: James Bond – Part 2: ‘Thunderball through Diamonds Are Forever’, or the End of the Beginning
- 92nd Academy Awards Liveblog!