People are going to compare God’s Own Country to Brokeback Mountain. It’s inevitable because they cover much of the same ground: two men spending time away from the world and looking after a herd of sheep form a relationship. That isn’t completely unfair because the basics are remarkably similar but also because they’re both great movies.
- VIFF Review: ‘The Whale and the Raven’ is quiet and gorgeous
- VIFF Review: ‘Synonyms’ is maddening, heartbreaking, frustrating, challenging, and contains a performance you definitely shouldn’t miss
- Awesome News: Lost Scorsese films, new musicals, a reunion, a spinoff, and more!
- VIFF Review: ‘White Snake’ is an epic, adult, animated adventure
- VIFF Review: ‘Pain and Glory’ is Amaldóvar’s most deeply personal film