The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards were held on a Monday and a month earlier this year to accommodate both the VMAs and NFL season. But it’s okay, you’ve seen this show before. No, really. Seth Meyers gave a fantastic monologue but beyond that it was pretty much a lot of the same as last year and the year before. I was so bored that I couldn’t even muster up annoyance at the fact that the President of TV (as Stephen Colbert called him) literally put Sofia Vergara onto a rotating pedestal so that people would have something to look at while he spoke. Continue reading…
- VIFF Review: ‘The Whale and the Raven’ is quiet and gorgeous
- VIFF Review: ‘Synonyms’ is maddening, heartbreaking, frustrating, challenging, and contains a performance you definitely shouldn’t miss
- Awesome News: Lost Scorsese films, new musicals, a reunion, a spinoff, and more!
- VIFF Review: ‘White Snake’ is an epic, adult, animated adventure
- VIFF Review: ‘Pain and Glory’ is Amaldóvar’s most deeply personal film