The rivalry between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe was one of the ages, and their match at the 1980 Wimbledon Championship is probably one of the greatest matches in the history of tennis. Borg, on track to win his fifth consecutive title had a reputation as being cool and graceful under pressure. McEnroe, the new comer at the beginning of his ascendancy had a reputation as a hot head who regularly threw tantrums on the court and argued with umpires. Even their styles of play were opposite with Borg playing from the baseline and McEnroe rushing to the net. Literally everything about this match makes it ripe for a great movie which is why it’s so frustrating that it isn’t one.
- The Orville Is My Favourite Star Trek
- VIFF Review: 'Bad Genius' is a slick caper film
- VIFF Review: 'The Green Fog' with Kronos Quartet playing live was something else.
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Trailer Is Finally Here
- 'The Dark Tower' good guy and bad guy get a trailer each (plus, posters!)