The latest edition of Marvel’s assault on cinemas everywhere is a charming little beast. Thor was always going to be one of the more difficult characters to make the transition from inky page to silver screen, (certainly when compared to his Avengers brethren) but given most of the legwork was done in Thor and The Avengers, very little time is wasted getting on with the plot, such as it is. Rather than The Dark World, they should have called it The Wibbly Wobbly Time/Space Shifting Shenanigans. Anthony Hopkins knocks out a bit of exposition (primarily to let you know who to boo – it’s evil elves this time, led by Malekith, played by a virtually indistinguishable Christopher Eccleston) and on with the show we go.
- Review: Revenge (Shudder, 2018)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Makes You Feel Like You’re Spider-Man
- ‘Star Wars Episode IX’ Cast Announced, Carrie Fisher to return (but not with CGI)
- Something for the Weekend: ‘Mission: Impossible’ 5 movie collection is $30 on iTunes!
- The Magic Kingdom takes another step towards complete cultural dominance: Disney/Fox merger is approved.