John Wick was a low-budget passion project that was fuelled by Keanu Reeves’ singular focus, reinvigorating his career in the process. So what happens when you take its unique style and add sequel money? Exactly what you’d think. John Wick: Chapter 2 takes what came before and expands in almost every direction, and creates some spectacular moments in the process. The problem, though, is that John Wick now wants to be a franchise, and its increased focus on worldbuilding isn’t entirely successful.
- ‘Star Wars Episode IX’ Cast Announced, Carrie Fisher to return (but not with CGI)
- Something for the Weekend: ‘Mission: Impossible’ 5 movie collection is $30 on iTunes!
- The Magic Kingdom takes another step towards complete cultural dominance: Disney/Fox merger is approved.
- Huh: David Leitch in talks to direct remake of ‘Enter the Dragon’ because nothing is sacred
- Awesome: Every Tom Cruise Run Ever