John Wick was a low-budget passion project that was fuelled by Keanu Reeves’ singular focus, reinvigorating his career in the process. So what happens when you take its unique style and add sequel money? Exactly what you’d think. John Wick: Chapter 2 takes what came before and expands in almost every direction, and creates some spectacular moments in the process. The problem, though, is that John Wick now wants to be a franchise, and its increased focus on worldbuilding isn’t entirely successful.
- Alien: Covenant Review: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
- Awesome: Nathan Fillion’s Simon Williams movie posters from Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
- ‘Wonder Woman’ posters continue to be gorgeous
- Awesome: Michael Giacchino re-imagines the classic Spider-man theme
- Universal rebrands their monsters franchise as Dark Universe