If you’re looking to support Canadian film get out and see The Captive this weekend. Written & Directed by Canadian legend Atom Egoyan it was shot in Sudbury, Ontario in the middle of winter. It stars Vancouver’s own Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman from Toronto and Kevin Durand from Thunder Bay. It’s about a little girl who goes missing and eight years later her parents (Reynolds & the Killing’s Mireille Enos) start to get clues that maybe she’s still alive. Opens nationwide today.
- Vancouver Just For Laughs Film Festival: Thunder Road Chronicles a Man on the Brink with a Must-See Performance from Jim Cummings
- Vancouver Just For Laughs Film Festival: ‘Sorry for Your Loss’ Lost Me
- Vancouver Just For Laughs Film Festival: ‘Pork Pie’ is a fun romp through the country
- Vancouver Just For Laughs Film Festival: ‘Bernadette’ is sweet, but slightly confused
- Review: Revenge (Shudder, 2018)