If you’re looking to support Canadian film get out and see The Captive this weekend. Written & Directed by Canadian legend Atom Egoyan it was shot in Sudbury, Ontario in the middle of winter. It stars Vancouver’s own Ryan Reynolds, Scott Speedman from Toronto and Kevin Durand from Thunder Bay. It’s about a little girl who goes missing and eight years later her parents (Reynolds & the Killing’s Mireille Enos) start to get clues that maybe she’s still alive. Opens nationwide today.
- Review: Revenge (Shudder, 2018)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Makes You Feel Like You’re Spider-Man
- ‘Star Wars Episode IX’ Cast Announced, Carrie Fisher to return (but not with CGI)
- Something for the Weekend: ‘Mission: Impossible’ 5 movie collection is $30 on iTunes!
- The Magic Kingdom takes another step towards complete cultural dominance: Disney/Fox merger is approved.